Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day 10

I slept like a baby last night, and woke up sometime before noon. I knew I had a long day ahead of me, there was much to see before I would reach Tarren Mill. First of all, I stopped by Shadowfang Keep. This used to be the base of operations for archmage Arugal(the guy who summoned the worgen, you know), but nowadays the ruler here is Lord Godfrey, a renegade Gilnean nobleman.


I also stopped by Ambermill, which used to be an Alliance town, favored by Dalaran mages. Not too long ago Sylvanas ordered an attack on the town, and wiped out the Alliance here for good. Nowadays it's deserted, and overrun by elementals.


I made a quick visit to Gilneas, but the place has been abandoned for some time, and the leader, Greymane, resides in Stormwind for the time being. Sad to see such a beautiful place all empty like this... I hope the Gilneans will be able to return here some day. I know that they sided with the Alliance, but still...


 After this I entered Hillsbrad, right after I had passed the Southpoint Gate. This place has changed a lot since the undead took over. Through the years there has been so many battles on these lands, Horde against Alliance, but now the Horde has finally pushed through, and there is no Alliance settlement left here. I continued down to the shore, since I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to wash some of my clothes. I thought I'd hang them up for drying when I get to Tarren Mill. I noticed a small island just off the coast. This is probably the mysterious Purgation Isle. It was haunted by ghosts for a long time, and only the most brave heroes ventured there. Nowadays they say the Stormpike clan and worgen are occupying the place. Who knows, I'd rather not swim out there...


 So, I started making my way north again, and I ended up at this little farm. There was only one guy there, Brazie, and he told me he was a botanist. He did indeed have a lot of flowers on his property. He then starting mumbling about some warden and also something about zombies, so I just told him I needed to leave. I think he was a little cuckoo in the head. But I was still kind of jealous of that beautiful farm he owned...


Not far from the farm is the Dalaran Crater. This is where Dalaran used to be, before it was moved to Northrend. Now there is only a huge crater left. There are some Kirin Tor mages in the area, probably doing some studies, but otherwise it is pretty much deserted.


 After this I just made my way to Tarren Mill, it was starting to get really dark when I got here. It is a pretty little town, and after a quick sight-seeing, I went straight for the inn. Unfortunately they only have coffins here as well, so I got directed to another building, where I could rent a bed for a slightly higher price. I'm really not keen on a coffin right now, so the price doesn't bother me.


I just had some mutton chop and ice cold milk for dinner. Now I'll just lay down and continue reading my book. Oh, and I'll have to hang up those wet clothes as well... Otherwise they will be really nasty when I wake up tomorrow. Good night everyone!


No comments: